Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Driving to El Paso . . .

. . . At least, it felt that way.

Belghast may already be in bed, but this post will get in just under the wire to count for today. I would have had it posted sooner. But Scooter decided it was car shopping day, and we spent about eight hours out and about looking at "mid-size" crossover SUVs. We drove all sorts of vehicles, from a Jeep Cherokee to a Dodge Journey. However, my personal favorite was not even an SUV, but the Nissan Juke.
This one was for me, really. Not that I am in the market for a car myself, but I have been eyeing a Juke in the parking lot of my office for some time now. And today's outing was the perfect opportunity to check one out up close and personal. I won't go into the details, but it was a ton of fun to drive, both sporty and fuel efficient. It had quite a bit of get-up-and-go, and handled great. I can't really justify the expense of a car payment right now, though. Mine runs fine and has been paid off for several years. But . . .

But the time is swiftly approaching when I will need a newer, more fun, more efficient, car. And the Juke is at the top my list.

If you're interested in joining the circadian sun showers of Blaugust, breeze on over to Belghast's Blaugust Initiative Page on Anook and let him know you're there. It may even mean a small windfall for you, as Belghast has prizes prepared for high achievers.
~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

2 comments:

  1. *gasp* I love the way that car looks! I'd totally get a drivers licence if I could get that one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hella fun to drive. Nissan has several cars of varying sizes that have a strong family resemblance. In California, where I grew up, it's hard to imagine *not* having a driver's license.

      Delete