Rants tag

Rants, ruminations, and rambling remarks from my mad, muddled, meandering mind.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Blog By Any Other Name

Wherefore art thou Blogger?
Wow, we're in the final hours of Blaugust. A few souls on the other side of the planet have already submitted their final, qualifying post of the month. You may recall (assuming you're not deeply involved in the effort) that a post every day was required to be eligible for the Aggronaut's top prize. We've all been encouraging each other and lamenting the strain of coming up with an idea for each daily post. And I am glad to have helped create a couple prompts during the month. I'm excited that I got a pretty decent response for my blog title explanation challenge. If you have posted about the title of your blog and I haven't listed you below, or you post about it after this one goes live, let me know in the comments or @rowanblaze on Twitter.

Without further ado and in no particular order:
You, too, may make a name for yourself during Blaugust!
~~~
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post through RSS or Atom feed—especially more than a couple hours after publication—I encourage you to visit the actual page, as I often make refinements after the fact. The mobile version also loses some of the original character of the piece due to simplified formatting.

3 comments:

  1. I always struggled with mine and settled on the tagline as a means to get a theme across, however now my tagline cycles through a Random list of quotes, some from games, others not.
    And I'm happy with that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. I haven't found a Blogger plugin that does random mastheads. And of course, your blog is self titled, so answering the question about how you came to be Welshtroll kind of answers the blog title question, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. I think I tried a different title but it didn't like how it tasted :)

      Delete